Terms and Conditions of Public Entry
COUNCIL OF TRUSTEES OF THE NATIONAL GALLERY OF VICTORIA (NGV)
Terms and Condition of Public Entry
Welcome to the NGV. We hope you enjoy your visit today. By entering NGV Premises, each person agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Public Entry:
Whenever you are on NGV Premises you need to refrain from:
• touching, or in any other way, interfering with artwork on display;
• using photographic or recording equipment in areas where this has been restricted (the NGV’s Photography and Filming Guidelines are available from the Information Desk);
• using tripods, flash or lighting equipment without the express permission of the NGV (the NGV’s Photography and Filming Guidelines are available from the Information Desk);
• smoking in the building;
• eating or drinking in artwork display areas or other places where this is restricted; and
• bringing animals onto NGV Premises, except for Guide Dogs and other registered assistance dogs.
The NGV reserves the right to:
• exclude or remove the public or any other person from any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by the NGV (Council of Trustees By-Law);
• inspect any bag, luggage or object, however described, upon entry to and before leaving NGV Premises;
• create records of events and activities taking place on NGV Premises for reporting, archival and promotional purposes. These records may include images, film and/or sound recordings; and
• use Security Closed Circuit Television cameras throughout NGV Premises.
Whenever you are on NGV Premises you need to:
• comply with any rules or policies, established by the NGV, which are in existence at the time of your visit;
• conduct yourself in a manner which, in the reasonable opinion of the NGV, does not interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on NGV Premises;
• deposit with the NGV Cloakroom, as soon as possible after entry, any object larger than 56cm x 36cm x 23cm in size or any other item, as directed by the NGV;
• wear footwear at all times which will protect you against injury;
• take notes or make sketches only in accordance with the NGV Sketching and Note-taking Guidelines, available from the Information Desk;
• at all times, supervise any children (including school students) for whom you are responsible and ensure that they do not breach any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry; and
• comply with any reasonable request, including signage, by the NGV in relation to your entry or continued presence on NGV Premises.
To the full extent permitted by law, you release and discharge the NGV from all claims and demands on the NGV and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused, arising from your attendance at NGV Premises.
If any of these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry are illegal or unenforceable, the offending part is to be disregarded and does not affect the remaining part.
In these Terms and Conditions of Public Entry, the phrase 'NGV Premises' includes The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square, Melbourne; NGV International at 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne; and any other premises managed or controlled by the NGV and at which these Terms and Conditions are displayed.
Approved by the Council of Trustees of the National Gallery of Victoria 30 August 2012