NGV Collection Self Guided Visits
Bookings for self guided visits to the NGV Collection and free exhibitions can be made online.
NGV Collection Program Bookings
Are your students new to the Gallery? CONNECT and CREATE sessions are our core programs and a perfect place to start. Introducing the Gallery, and connecting with key areas of the curriculum, these one and two hour sessions are tailored to suit the level of your group. If you are looking for a more specialist, extended or tailored session, please see CURATE.
We recommend submitting a booking request at least four weeks in advance for programs requiring an educator. Requests for curated programs must be made six weeks in advance. For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Connect Booking Form
Create Booking Form
Curate Booking Form
NGV Exhibition Bookings
We recommend submitting a booking request at least four weeks in advance for programs requiring an educator. For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Top Arts Booking Form
MoMA at NGV Booking Form
Colony: Australia 1770-1861 Booking Form
It is a priority of the NGV to break down the barriers that make it challenging for some schools to participate in the NGV’s world class education programs. Your school may be eligible for these access programs. Applications are assessed throughout the year. Find out more
We have put together a series of frequently asked questions from teachers that may help you in the preparation and planning for a session with us. Please access our Frequently Asked Questions here.
More informationSchools entrance map NGV Education Terms and Conditions
Booking terms and conditions
- Bookings are essential for all school groups visiting the NGV. Bookings for programs with an educator must be made four weeks in advance.
- There is no charge for self-guided groups visiting the collection or non-ticketed exhibitions.
- For programs with fees and ticketed exhibitions, invoices will be sent prior to the visit.
- If less than 10 participants attend a program, minimum fees may apply.
- We do not take tentative bookings. Bookings are considered firm at time of booking.
- Any amendments, including changes to participant numbers, must be made by email no later than 14 days prior to the program.
- Full program fees will be incurred for cancellations or amendments to bookings made less than 14 days prior to the program.
- School groups without bookings for ticketed exhibitions will need to purchase tickets on the day of visit and may experience delays in peak periods.
Before your visit
- Check your booking confirmation to confirm time, focus, duration and location (NGV Australia or NGV International) of your program.
- Please note if additional viewing time is required/recommended.
What do I need to do on the day of the visit?
- Bring your Booking Confirmation.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time and be wary of potential traffic conditions in the city.
- Make sure you go to the correct Gallery. We have two sites, NGV International on St. Kilda Road (please note Schools enter NGV International via the North (School) entrance from the Arts Centre forecourt) and the Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square.
- On arrival, approach the security desk, NGVI or front of house desk, NGVA who will be expecting you. Register your class numbers and cloak any bags, (you will be given a key to a locker).
- Cloaking is limited. Please only bring what is required for your visit. All backpacks and large bags must be cloaked.