National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Dr Clive Stephen through the National Gallery Society of Victoria, 1953
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of The Vizard Foundation
Polished wooden bowl of hemispherical shape and flattened base. Both sides of the bowl is rounded with projecting thumb pieces at the centre under which carved two handles end in a cylindrical cross piece; a ridge runs from the bottom of the handles to the base. The top of the lips and thumbs pieces are inlaid with triangular, tear drops and cross shapes made from mother of pearls.