The people of Nineveh repenting upon hearing the prophesies of Jonah
plate 3 from the Story of Jonah series 1566
- 19.7 × 24.8 cm (image) 21.0 × 25.3 cm (plate) 28.0 × 38.0 cm (sheet)
- Catalogue/s Raisonné
- New Hollstein 181 i/ii (Maarten van Heemskerck); New Hollstein 77 i/ii (Philips Galle)
- 1st of 2 states
- printed in ink (in image) l.c.l.: 3 MH (monogram) EEM, INVIN.
printed in ink l.l.: DIVINAM ILLE NINO PERITVRÆ NVNCIAT IRAM, PLEBS CVM REGE OMNI CELVMQVE ARMENTA FATIGANT.
- Accession Number
- International Prints / International Prints and Drawings
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of the Joe White Bequest
- Gallery location
- Not on display