- mezzotint, roulette, etching and drypoint
- 56.9 × 49.1 cm (image) 67.5 × 51.9 cm (plate) 71.5 × 59.9 cm (sheet, trimmed within platemark at lower edge)
- Catalogue/s Raisonné
- Shirley 36 ii/iv; Wedmore 48
- 2nd of 4 states
- inscribed in relief (in image) l.l.: DLucas (DL monogram). 18 (...illeg.)
printed in ink l.l.: PAINTED BY JOHN CONSTABLE, ESQR. (. under R) R.A.
printed in ink l.r.: ENGRAVED BY DAVID LUCAS.
- Accession Number
- International Prints / International Prints and Drawings
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Oscar E. Johnson, 1953
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of the Joe White Bequest
- Gallery location
- Not on display