The daughters of Danaus
- oil on canvas
- 57.1 × 153.0 cm
- inscribed in black paint l.r.: Fernand Sabatté
- Accession Number
- International Painting
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Bequest of Miss M. Y. E. Tate, 1977
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of Digitisation Champion Ms Carol Grigor through Metal Manufactures Limited
- Gallery location
- Not on display
Acquired from the artist by the Tate family, Rye, Suffolk, probably early 20th century ; by descent to Miss Marion Yule Elford Tate (1887–1977), Rye, Suffolk, before 1977; bequeathed to the NGV, 1977.
 James Charles Tate (1853–1938), the patriarch of this family and a retired tobacco farmer, probably acquired this painting in the early 20th century. He and his wife Marion Morrison Tate (1852–1938) had three children, the eldest of which was Marion Yule Elford Tate (1887–1977). She outlived her siblings Evelyn Mary Elford Tate (1888–1974) and James Elford Tate (1892–1944). The family, along with James Charles Tate’s sister Georgina Sarah Tate (1857–1950) are buried together in Rye Cemetery, Suffolk.