from the Blade series 1976
- etching, colour aquatint and collage
- 72.0 × 49.5 cm (plate) (77.7 × 54.7 cm) (sheet)
- stamped in ink l.l.: 'blade' series
inscribed in pencil l.l.: Ed 25
inscribed in pencil l.c.: 'Sheep Shears'
inscribed in pencil l.r.: R Beattie 76'
- Accession Number
- Australian Prints / Australian Prints & Drawings
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Michell Endowment, 1978 Transferred to the Permanent Collection, 1996
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- In the realist tradition of the seventies, this print depicts a pair of sheep shears and window frame against a roughly patterned and seemingly textured background.