- linen, synthetic polymer paint, cotton
- (a) 113.0 (centre back) 82.0 cm (sleeve length) (coat)
(b) 124.0 cm (centre back) 70.0 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
- Place/s of Execution
- (Sydney), New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) Natural linen coat, with a high collar fastening with four covered buttons, main body and sleeves cut in two pieces, sleeves with roll-up cuffs. Lined with black cotton. Coat painted overall in black and gold metallic paint with a design of large faces in a fantasy seascape.
(b) Cream raw silk, scoop neckline, high waistline pleated front skirt plain at back, long flowing sleeve with an asymmetrical shape, gathered along the sleeve line at the cuff. Bodice lined with cotton.