- silk, leather, cotton, metal
- (a) 24.2 × 6.9 × 22.8 cm (left boot)
(b) 24.3 × 6.9 × 22.5 cm (right boot)
- Place/s of Execution
- Paris, France
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented by the National Gallery Women's Association, 1974
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- A pair of ladies black silk satin, lace up ankle boots with low heels. The toe, sides, and heels of the boots have rosettes applied in silk ribbon, and leaves embroidered in chenille thread and finished with small starburst-flowers embroidered in white silk thread. An additional silk satin bow is featured at the tip of the lacing.
The boots lace through 24 eyelets, finished with buttonhole stitch. Rosettes are applied in pale blue, two shades of pink, and red ribbon. Chenille leaves are various shades of green, and starbursts in white. The silk satin is mounted, and the mouth of the boot is shaped and highlighted with internal lining of red silk, the heel highlighted with white stitching. The soles and heels are leather, punched in five locations with signature markings and size.