National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Bequest of Dr G. E. Morrison, 1921
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of The Gordon Darling Foundation
A small sculpture of a scholar court official dressed in official robes and wearing a tall hat. He is holding his hands with his right hand over his left hand in what appears as a gesture of meditation or worship. Carved in wood, the statue is covered in gold lacquer.