- silk, leather, synthetic (shoulder pads), metal (fastenings)
- (a) 61.0 cm (centre back) 44.0 cm (waist, flat) (top)
(b) 118.0 cm (centre back) 33.0 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
(c) 6.0 × 94.5 cm irreg.
- Place/s of Execution
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented through The Art Foundation of Victoria by Mrs Patricia Davies AM, Member 1997
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) The sleeveless top in peacock green quilted satin, decorated with rows of irregular blister shapes, outlined with machine sewing, creates the appearance of distressed ruching - with a tension between the cloth and threads. The rolled collar, sleeves and hemline edgings are in a plain peacock green satin. The top has a zip fastener down the centre back. The shoulders are built-up with large shoulder pads attached to the inner shoulder seams.
(b) The full-length skirt in matching fabric, has a plain satin waistband and a slight train. The skirt has a side zip fastener.
(c) A plain peacock green belt with covered buckle is worn around the waist of the top.