- wool polyester, ceramic, metallic glaze
- (a) 67.0 cm (centre back) 57.5 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 46.5 cm (centre back) 33.5 cm (waist) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Rosslynd Piggott, 2001
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) Black wool jacket with a deep neckline and curved lapel. The body of the jacket is tailored to the waistline and finishes below the hipline with gold coloured polyester satin lining. There are three ceramic buttons fastening the centre front and an additional button on each of the decorative pocket flaps. Each of the buttons is decorated with imagery symbolising success, pride, money, luck and love.
(b) The matching short skirt has a fixed waistband with single darts at the front and double darts in the back panels. The skirt fastens at the centre back with a zip and button.