- cotton (cottonlace), metal, glass (beading), synthetic fibre
- (a) 92.0 cm (centre back) 32.0 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
(b) 66.0 cm (centre back) 28.5 cm (waist, flat)
- Place/s of Execution
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Mrs Kitty Howson, 2003
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) Sleeveless dress of ivory lace (pattern floral springs) backing featuring scooped neckline, A line skirt and beaded embellishments. The dress comprises 6 vertical panels with darts at front and back waist and features a wide cream coloured ribbon wrapping from side to centre front to form a bow and long ties. The dress has a scalloped neckline and armholes and fastens at the proper right side with a metal zip. The inner waist has cotton tapes and the skirt is reinforced with stiff gillew interfacing.
(b) The petticoat is made of a coated polyester, has a pleated drop waist, attached to a cotton waist tape band fastening with two metal hook and eyes at back.