- cotton, metal, synthetic polymer paint
- (a) 63.0 cm (centre back) 44.0 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 78.3 cm (outer leg) 33.0 cm (waist, flat) (trousers)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 2006
© Katie Pye
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Hand-painted, long sleeve, fitted cotton jacket with short stand up collar, shoulder pads and front pockets. The jacket has central front and rear panel sections illustrated with bows, eyes, genitalia and paintbrushes on a cream ground. The side panels feature and overlay of black mesh descending from beneath the armholes. The ¾ sleeves are gathered from the shoulder and have illustrations of shoes running lengthwise down the arm. The jacket fastens with a long metal zip at centre front.
Knickerbocker length pants in heavy cream cotton hand-painted with various motifs. The trousers are fitted to narrow waistband with short zip and metal snap fastening at centre front. They feature cut away side panels with insert layers of black and fluorescent pink mesh. Each leg cuff has two triangular straps which wrap around from behind and fasten at the front with a metal press stud.