- cotton, metal, synthetic fur, cotton thread, synthetic polymer paint
- (a) 79.0 cm (centre back) 33.0 cm (waist, flat) (variable) (top)
(b) 77.3 cm (outer leg) 32.0 cm (waist, flat) (trousers)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 2006
© Katie Pye
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) Corset style top in lilac canvas with overlay of brown fishing net, blue hand-painted areas, cord lacing at sides and pink faux fur collar. The bodice forms a V-shaped panel with cord shoulder straps and matching lacing along the side edges. The top is worn over the trousers and extends underneath the crotch to fasten with a strap and ring behind.
(b) Hand-dyed mauve and musk cotton mesh knickerbockers with canvas panel detail at either side. Each panel features splashes of colour; blue, pink, white and rust. The trousers are fitted to a narrow waistband with small pleats either side of CB and fasten with a short metal zip and press stud at centre front.