- cotton, polyester, acetate (satin), silk (voile), plastic
- (a) 45.0 cm (centre back) 43.0 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 58.0 cm (centre back) 47.0 cm (sleeve length) (top)
(c) 76.0 cm (centre back) 31.5 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, Victorian Foundation for Living Australian Artists, 2007
© Courtesy of the artist
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- White cotton/polyester blend Mini-trench jacket and matching high-waisted skirt with beige-green coloured asymmetrical satin top. The mini-trench is double breasted and features a large collar and lapel, decorative tab fastenings across the shoulder and centre front fastening of four white plastic buttons. The jacket is cropped at the sleeves and waist and edged in a cream silk voile. It is fully lined with cream silk voile. The matching pencil skirt has a high banded waistline before narrowing in vertical panels to a knee length hemline. The side back shaped panels are topstitched with a cream organza bias tape. The skirt fastens at rear with a zip and two metal trouser hooks and bars.
The Orchid Bias satin top is loose fitted and features an asymmetrical neckline that has been caught up in small folded pleats at proper left shoulder. The top falls in twisted drapes across the torso and has short irregular shaped sleeves. The left is narrow and finishes at the elbow, while the right sleeve extends out from the body in a square cut.