- screenprinted cotton, metal, plastic, wood
- (a) 109.0 cm (centre back) 61.0 cm (sleeve length) (frock shirt)
(b) 114.0 cm (outer leg) 41.0 cm (waist, flat) (pants)
(c) 52.0 × 20.5 × 4.5 cm (necklace)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, NGV Foundation, 2009
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Outfit comprising men’s frock shirt and pants in all-over screenprinted cotton “Indian Snakes and Ladders” design and necklace of red wooden beads.
(a) Men’s long-sleeve frock shirt in screenprinted cotton featuring blue, yellow and melon “Indian Snakes and Ladders” print on white ground. Contrast bib and sash – which measures across back from shoulder to shoulder – feature same “Indian Snakes and Ladders” design but in red, mauve and yellow hues. Shirt fastens with nine silver metal buttons down the centre front. Sleeves also feature one silver button at cuff. Nehru collar and slits on either side of base. Approximately knee length.
(b) Men’s narrow, ankle length trousers in screenprinted cotton with “Indian Snakes and Ladders” print in blue, pink and orange on white ground. Features front-fastening with five white plastic buttons.
(c) Necklace consisting of thirty-one red timber beads with lacquer finish on white cotton cord.