- wool, cotton, plastic, metal
- (a) 75.0 cm (centre back) 38.5 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
(b) 102.0 cm (outer leg) 32.0 cm (waist, flat) (leggings)
(c) 45.5 cm (circumference, outer) 35.0 cm (height) 29.0 cm (width) (beanie)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, Victorian Foundation for Living Australian Artists, 2009
© Romance Was Born
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Outfit comprising crochet dress, printed cotton leggings, and matching crochet hat.
(a) Sleeveless, knee-length multicoloured crochet dress comprised of numerous patches of three dimensional animals, flora and appliqué cotton eyes. Dress has v-neckline and fastens down centre with four metal hook and eyes.
(b) Stretch cotton leggings with all-over print of eyes and lips (print designed by Del K. Barton) Elastic waistband.
(c) Crochet rooster beanie executed in multicoloured wools, lurex and cotton decorated overall with pom-poms, gold coloured chains, buttons, appliqué eyes and lips. Fastens under the neck with two long fabric ties ending in large hot pink pom poms.