- wool, wool crepe, acetate, poylester thread, glass, plastic, metal, spartre, synthetic fabric, ostrich feathers
- (a) 80.0 cm (centre back) 63.5 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 38.0 cm (outer circumference) 30.0 cm (height) 45.0 cm (width) (hat)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, Victorian Foundation for Living Australian Artists, 2010
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Pink woollen jacket and hat by Phillip Rhodes
(a) Pink textured weave woollen jacket decorated with machine embroidery with flowers, butterflies, bees and ladybirds. Red wool crepe pockets in shape of flowerpots either side of front opening. Wide curved notched lapel. Four decorative buttons centre front fasten with concealed metal hooks and bars. Back of jacket features bluebirds carrying a ‘Christopher Graf’ banner. Sleeve heads cut with exaggerated raised shoulders. Lined with pink acetate satin.
(b) Chimney pot style hat in red and pink decorated with dark green bow and pink and white ostrich feathers. Lined with pink acetate.