Phone 03 8620 2340 (12–5pm weekdays)
Schools Program Booking
Professional Learning Booking
More informationSchools entrance map NGV Education Terms and Conditions
Bookings are essential for all school groups visiting the NGV
- Bookings for programs with NGV Educators must be made at least two weeks in advance
- We recommend that you pre-book your self-staffed groups – this will allow us to contact your group in the event of gallery changes or emergencies
- School groups arriving without booking may be required to wait and/or buy tickets to temporary exhibitions
- Schools cloaking facilities are prioritised for pre-booked school groups.
Program times, locations and entry
- Check your booking confirmation to confirm time, duration and location (NGV Australia or NGV International) of your program. Please note if additional viewing time is required/recommended
- Use the schools entry to the gallery and register at the reception desk on arrival
- If visiting for a program with an NGV Educator please allow time for cloaking prior to the start of the program.
Please be considerate of classes and the public in gallery spaces
- Keep noise to a minimum
- Do not touch artworks or lean on walls when writing notes
- Eating, drinking and running are not allowed in the gallery spaces
- Pencils (no pens) and A3 (maximum) size pads only in gallery spaces. Please note some exhibitions may have special restrictions on writing or sketching.
- Program cancellations must be in writing (email or fax).
- If you cancel more than 7 days prior, a $15 cancellation fee applies
- If you cancel less than 7 days prior the full original booking fee applies.
- Teachers are required to remain with students at all times.
- Groups staffed by an NGV Educator require at least one teacher/supervising adult for groups of 20 students
- Self-staffed groups require enough teachers/supervising adults to enable the students to move around in small supervised groups.
Taking photos and using video cameras is prohibited in certain areas. Please heed signs in gallery spaces. Read the NGV Photography and Filming Guidelines for Personal Use guidelines