Baldessin / Whiteley
31 AUG 18 – 28 JAN 19
DOWNLOAD PAGE AS A PDF
THE IAN POTTER CENTRE: NGV AUSTRALIA
George Baldessin and Brett Whiteley were born in the same year – 1939 – and in the 1960s and 1970s experienced meteoric success in their respective cities of Melbourne and Sydney.
This exhibition combines some of these artists’ most iconic works as well as others that have never been exhibited before. It includes artworks from Whiteley’s Christie series and Baldessin’s etchings that redefined for a generation of Melburnians their attitude to eroticism and the urban environment.
Please be aware that there may be some works on display that are not suitable for all audiences. Teachers are advised to visit the Gallery or discuss any concerns with the NGV Learn team.
Pre-book your self-guided visit to receive the discounted student group price and a complimentary ticket for one teacher per fifteen students.
Cost $10 (Student), $16 (Tertiary student)
Encounter the worlds and works of two giants of Australian art in an educator led introductory floor talk. Be inspired by their innovative use of media, their unique artistic language, and tap into their ideas and inspiration.
Cost $18 per student (1 hour)Book now
Baldessin/Whiteley – From the NGV to Your Classroom
Recommended for VCE students
An online introduction to Baldessin/Whiteley: Parallel Visions for schools in regional and remote areas. NGV educators can tailor an introduction to the exhibition to suit the needs and interests of your students.
Cost $110 (45 mins)Book now
Explore and Draw – Building a Bank of Ideas
Extend your introductory floor talk with a drawing session in the exhibition. Inspired by the artists’ use of line and form, students will draw in front of selected works to build up ideas to explore in their folios back at school.
Cost $26 per student (2 hours)Book now
Plan your visit
To prepare for your booking, please note the following:
- Bookings are essential for all school and student groups
- Bookings must be made at least 4 weeks in advance of visit
- All programs are presented by experienced educators
- Chinese translation available on request (at additional cost, confirmed at time of booking)
- A teacher or adult accompanying your group is also welcome to translate during the visit
Terms and conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions prior to booking:
- All bookings are confirmed at time of booking. Tentative bookings are not accepted
- Invoices will be issued by NGV prior to visit. Payment must be paid at least one week prior to the visit
- Requests to amend confirmed booking details (such as change to participant numbers), must be made by email at least 14 days prior to visit.
- Full program fees will be incurred for late cancellations or amendments.
- No refund for variance in student number during visit
- Students must be supervised at all times by a teacher or adult