About the Project
How to get involved
- Take a photographic portrait of someone in their daily routine. The person could be photographed at work, at home or in a favourite place. You must have parental consent to photograph children.
- Submit your photo at ngv.vic.gov.au/melbournenow/clickwithme between 22 November 2013 and 23 March 2014. Photos selected by Selina Ou will be seen at ngv.vic.gov.au/melbournenow and on display at NGV International. You can submit as many photographs as you would like.
- By submitting your photo you are agreeing to the clickwithme Terms and Conditions.
Tips and tricks for a great photo
- Make sure the image is sharply focused and the person is centered in the middle of the frame.
- To avoid distortion, take the photo squarely in front of the subject.
- If a flash is used, avoid strong reflections caused by glass and other reflective surfaces.
- When composing your picture, consider what to include in the background and what it reveals about the person’s occupation or interests. For example, when photographing a postman, you could include their mode of transport, their mailbag, or a house with a letterbox. Remember, the location can be as interesting as the person in the photo.
- Consider photographing your local baker, your teacher, your coach, your parents or your doctor; anyone you come across in your daily life.
- Please send through your images as JPEGs
- Please send the largest file size possible from your camera or phone, for example: Actual Size (1.2MB) on your iPhone.
- When possible, we need a minimum image size of 2048 x 2048 pixels at 72 dpi resolution. Otherwise, the bigger the better.
- For best results we recommend saving images in sRGB.