SAT 26 AUG 2017
ABOUT THE NGV GALA
What is the NGV Gala?
The inaugural NGV Gala will be held at NGV International on Saturday 26 August 2017, celebrating the opening of The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture. This will be a ticketed event that will benefit the NGV Fashion and Textiles Collection, Exhibitions and Programs.
The evening will comprise of two ticket options:
- Exclusive Dinner and Gala Celebration – $2000 per person, or
- Gala Celebration – $500 per person
Guests must be over 18 years of age.
What is included in the ticket price?
Exclusive Dinner and Gala Celebration – $2000 per person:
- The evening will commence with red carpet arrivals at 6pm, followed by canapés and pre-dinner drinks in Federation Court at NGV International.
- Dinner guests will be treated to the first public viewing of The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture.
- Following the viewing, guests will be seated for an exclusive in-gallery dining experience with fine food and wine. The guest chef will be announced closer to the event.
- At the conclusion of the dinner, guests will be invited to join the Gala Celebration, which is included in the ticket price. Details below.
- Dinner guests will receive a luxury gift bag per guest on departure, including a hard cover exhibition catalogue.
Gala Celebration – $500 per person:
- The Gala Celebration will commence with red carpet arrivals at 8pm.
- The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture will be open for an exclusive preview before opening to the public on Sunday 27 August.
- Guests will enjoy canapés and wines all evening.
- Live performances by DJs and a feature musical act, to be announced closer to the event.
- Access to unique spaces such as a cocktail lounge and access to galleries.
- A gift bag per guest on departure, including an exhibition catalogue.
Please note that tickets are strictly limited for both options.
What is the dress code?
What time does the event start?
Exclusive Dinner and Gala Celebration
6pm for pre-dinner drinks and exhibition preview followed by dinner from 7.30pm.
The NGV Gala will conclude at 1am
Will food and drinks be served?
Yes. Tickets include food and drinks for the duration of the evening. Dinner guests will also enjoy a sit down dinner with menu designed by a guest chef.
The Gala Celebration will be a cocktail format with a canapé menu by a guest chef, fine wines and a cocktail lounge.
Guests must be over 18 years of age.
About the entertainment
Entertainment throughout the night will include DJs and a live feature performance, to be announced closer to the event.
Dinner format and seating
Tables of 8-12 may be purchased, or individual seats.
A range of food options will be available on the night. The NGV will be in contact with guests attending the Exclusive Dinner to confirm dietary requirements.
How can I book a ticket?
Gala Celebration $500 per person:
Tickets for the Gala Celebration can be purchased here
Exclusive Dinner and Gala Celebration $2000 per person:
Please register your details here and you will be contacted by NGV to discuss the event.
Does GST apply?
There is no GST with this being an input taxed event.
Is my ticket tax deductible?
Tickets are not tax deductible. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the NGV’s Fashion and Textiles Collection, Exhibitions and Programs.
Are tickets refundable and transferrable?
We are unable to offer refunds on this event. The NGV will not refund tickets as a result of a change in personal circumstances. Tickets are transferrable within the ticket type.
Will my tickets be mailed to me?
Tickets for the Gala Celebration are emailed at the time of online purchase. Please print your tickets to present at the entry on the night. A door list will also be kept. Exclusive Dinner guests will receive a printed ticket in the mail closer to the date.
Is there a group discount?
We are unable to provide group discounts for this event.
Do NGV Members receive a discount?
We are unable to provide NGV Members discounts or reciprocal memberships discounts for this event.
Can I buy tickets at the door on the night?
This event is for pre-sale only. Ticket sales will close on 18 August unless sold out prior. We are unable to offer ticket sales at the door on the night.
Can I upgrade my $500 Gala ticket to a $2000 dinner ticket?
Yes, depending on availability. Please contact Anna Kopinski on (03) 8620 2400 to enquire.