In an attempt to find the humorous, weird and potentially perverse, NGV Triennial artist Riley Payne re-renders existing images in his labour intensive graphite drawings using combinations of mundane stock imagery, text and shapes.
In an exclusive after hours workshop, Riley guides members in a drawing session using the techniques he uses in his own practice.
Learn to look at everyday images in new ways and find something unexpected to emphasis in your drawing.
- Develop new ways of looking at everyday images
- Practice drawing
- Create your own drawing of a cropped image
- 6–6.15pm: Introduction by the artist
- 6.15–6.45pm: Activity 1 – Warm-up
- 6.45–7.30pm: Activity 2 – Practice image
- 7.30–8.30pm: Activity 3 – Final image