NGV Teen Council 2018
Do you want to contribute to events for teens at NGV? Looking to learn about art and museum work while building your resume? Interested in connecting with like-minded teens from around Melbourne?
You may be a great fit for NGV Teen Council. As a Teen Council member, you’ll meet with NGV and contribute to the design, coordination, and promotion of programs for teens. In addition, you’ll go behind the scenes at the NGV throughout the school year to learn and experience more.
- Contribute ideas and help to design, plan, and deliver NGV Teens programs such as Art Party and Creative Encounters workshops.
- Meet with like-minded teens and work as a team with the NGV Teen Council.
- Through the experience, learn more about career opportunities in the arts.
- Build and strengthen your communication, teamwork, time management, organisational, and planning skills.
- Gain volunteer hours to add to your resume.
- Represent the Teen Council to your peers and engage with the media where appropriate, including being profiled as a Teen Council member on NGV social media platforms.
To apply, you need to be:
- A high school student.
- Aged fourteen to seventeen.
- Able to meet at NGV International (St Kilda Road) monthly, from 4.30–6.30pm on Wednesdays.
- Able to manage your school work and other obligations with Teen Council duties.
How to apply:
Download and complete the NGV Teen Council Application form:
Submit your application via email to: NGVTeenCouncil@ngv.vic.gov.au by 5pm Thursday 1 March, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Want to perform at Art Party? Send a proposal to: email@example.com