Thu 7 May, 3.30pm–5pm
How does Comme des Garçons redefine fashion? Which recurrent themes and ideas can be found in Rei Kawakubo’s work? What skills and processes do designers use to innovate radical new ideas and design methods? Investigate these questions and develop scaffolding and extension activities for virtual classrooms with this illustrated professional learning program via videoconference.
- Analyse and interpret themes, concepts and ideas in Comme des Garçons’ work and discuss how they are expressed.
- Investigate contemporary design movements, cultures, and styles and consider how they inspire new design directions and ideas.
- Evaluate how Comme des Garçons designers use materials, techniques, technologies and processes to realise their intentions in their designs.
- Identify the critical and creative design thinking techniques used by Comme des Garçons designers to innovate designs and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Develop practical strategies and activities for virtual classroom learning.