- silk (taffeta), silk (crepe), silk (organza)
- (a) 55.0 cm (centre back) 62.0 cm (hem circumference) (cape)
(b) 50.0 cm (centre back) 23.5 cm (waist, flat) (top)
(c) 85.5 cm (centre back) 30.0 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
(d) 62.0 × 266.0 cm (cummerbund)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- (a) label, inner neckline, woven in green on black acetate: CREATED BY / Linda / Jackson
(c) label, centre back, woven in green on black acetate: CREATED BY / Linda / Jackson
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Anthea Ball in memory of Mrs Gladys Ball, 2004
© Linda Jackson/Licensed by Copyright Agency, Australia
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of Professor AGL Shaw AO Bequest
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- Three piece ensemble in black silk taffeta, crepe and organza fabrics comprising cape, halter neck bib and skirt with cummerbund.
(a) Circular layered cape made of hand cut and machine edged petal like layers of various silk fabrics.
(b) Black taffeta, halter neck bib with gathered elastic waistband and long fabric ties. Bottom edge of hemline is shaped into petals. Neck ties at either side of front attached through large eyelets.
(c) Calf length, black taffeta, organza and silk crepe layered skirt gathered to elastic waistband.
(d) Separate cummerbund.