Levels 3-10, VCE
What can we learn about Australian history from art? Traverse Australia’s past from first contact and colonisation through to Federation. This virtual program brings history to life through visual analysis and storytelling, and explores Indigenous and non-Indigenous perspectives.
- Discuss the impact of colonisation on the First Australians
- Identify the reasons for immigration and discuss its impact on Australian identity
- Examine the cultural events, practices and policies that led to Australia’s federation
- Analyse and interpret themes, concepts and ideas in Australian artworks
- Compare and contrast colonial Australian and Indigenous artworks from a range of cultural perspectives