Join the team
VPS 5.2: $95,572 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term – 3 Years
Closing date for applications: 5pm on the 07 December 2016
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking a Finance Manager to manage the Finance team and to provide support to the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance Department.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will manage the Finance team by aligning the team with the organisational values and goals through effective people management and modelling. Other key responsibilities include:
- Providing high level financial advice and support to the Chief Financial Officer, senior managers and Executive Management Team, as required.
- Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance department, providing assistance with high-level financial processes, including end of financial year processes and the completion of the Financial Statements.
- Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer to establish and maintain internal controls including the development and implementation of relevant policies, procedures and compliance regimes. Participating in external and internal audits and ensuring the implementation of any audit recommendations.
To be successful you will have relevant tertiary qualifications and experience, and full membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or CPA Australia or equivalent. You have the ability to maximise effectiveness by selecting, developing and managing a high performing team, ensuring staff are actively deployed through effective workforce planning practices, building team commitment by demonstrating personal conviction and motivating others to deliver against goals. You can confidently convey complex information in a clear and easy to comprehend way, clearly understanding the target audience and the objectives of the communication, using audience feedback to refine communication and ensure communications are understood.
You can deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, are able to use numbers and numerical concepts to convey and obtain information, insights and ideas, using analytical and conceptual skills to reason through problems and analysing issues from different perspectives. You observe fine details, identifying gaps in information, with a focus on ensuring accuracy, looking for logical sequences of information.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to email@example.com or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by 5pm on December 7, 2016.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004