Join the team
Event AV Client and Operations Manager
VPS 4.1: $74,962 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term for 2 years
Closing date for applications: 5pm on the 30 November 2015.
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking an Event AV Client and Operations Manager to oversee, coordinate and manage the audiovisual requirements of programs and events for internal and external clients at the NGV.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
To be successful you will have extensive experience in a senior technical role in the events industry, and wide knowledge and expertise in all areas of technical and audiovisual event production, client management and staging. You will have proven experience in audiovisual operations management, technical direction, staff supervision and training and team leadership in the events industry. You will have detailed knowledge and experience in specification, configuration, installation and operation of Audio Visual systems, in particular high end sound systems, digital audio consoles, live sound mixing, digital projection, lighting, vision mixing, live video and broadcast.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will liaise and negotiate with internal stakeholders, the NGV’s catering contractor and Venue Hire clients in regard to audiovisual requirements for events and programs within the NGV event venues. You will provide creative input and specialist advice, cost estimates, technical production plans and proposals. Other key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining a sustainable model for delivery of AV services for events in NGV venues. Developing and refining procedures for client and operations management for audiovisual services for events. Assisting in planning for continued growth and development of AV services in NGV venues.
- Coordinating and managing the technical requirements of NGV events and programs, including rostering of technical event staff, specification, installation, configuration, operation and pack down of technical systems and equipment in NGV event spaces.
- Processing invoices, tracking and confirming payments, and maintaining financial reports on all audiovisual related revenue and expenses, interpreting and analysing the data to develop recommendations.
- Developing show presentation files, technical production drawings, and technical running orders for events, and planning and coordinating event entertainment and AV theming.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by November 30, 2015.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004