Join the team
Senior Multimedia Technician
VPS 3.1: $60,551 pro rata per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term up until 13 April 2016
Closing date for applications: 5pm on the 03 August 2015.
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking a Senior Multimedia Technician to coordinate technical works to ensure reliable delivery of multimedia to public spaces at both NGV International and NGV Australia, and staff at both sites.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will specify, install, program and configure multimedia content presentation and delivery of systems throughout the NGV’s public, exhibition and theatre spaces. Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking a leading role in the installation of multimedia displays and playback systems and overseeing the work of technical staff and contractors.
- Participating in the planning and project management of multimedia projects and exhibitions, and perform research and development into multimedia presentation and installation techniques.
- Applying innovative and creative solutions and techniques to multimedia integration that reflect contemporary and cutting edge design expectations.
- Liaising with artists, registrars, designers and the A/V production department, providing advice and recommendations to ensure all artwork and media is displayed in intended formats and quality.
To be successful you will have sound experience in a broad range of audiovisual and multimedia systems including, but not limited to, equipment installation and configuration, video projection, multi-channel audio and vision systems, control system integration, interactive display systems and production workflows, particularly with regard to video/film production. You can identify processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal, identifying more and less critical activities and operating accordingly.
You constantly look for continuous improvement opportunities and ways to innovate, and encourage others to do the same, seeking all relevant information for problem-solving. You can establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels, forging useful partnerships with people across business areas, functions and organisations. You actively seek to improve others’ skills and talents by providing constructive feedback, coaching and training opportunities.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by August 3, 2015.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004