Join the team
VPS 3.1: $60,551 per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term for 12 Months
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 10 October 2016
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to deliver the day-to-day operational facilities services at the NGV rotating through two sites (NGV International and NGV Australia).
This role is full time and requires availability to work on weekends, public holidays and on-call nights as required; these shifts will attract penalty payments or allowances.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will support the Senior Facilities Coordinator and Facilities Manager to deliver departmental and organisational strategic goals and aims. Other key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and delivering high quality facilities operation services in response to Helpdesk and other requests, from staff and in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Liaising and working with staff across all Gallery teams to deliver effective and efficient services, including operational support for exhibitions, programs, functions and events.
- Liaising and working with service contractors, including security, cleaning, catering and maintenance staff, and providing regular performance feedback to the Senior Facilities Coordinator and Facilities Manager.
- Performing the role of Senior Facilities Coordinator at the weekend and public holidays, when rostered.
To be successful you will have proven experience in the delivery of facilities management services for a medium to large size public organisation. You can seek ways to improve services and is committed to delivery high quality outcomes for clients. You regularly plan and track progress on work tasks, taking an organised, methodical approach to work and addressing priority tasks first.
You cooperate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals, collaborating and sharing information. You listen to customers and actively seek to meet their needs and suggest ways to improve services and are committed to delivering high quality outcomes for clients. You respond to client needs, keeping clients or stakeholders up to date with issues and developments, promptly following through on enquiries, requests and complaints.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to email@example.com or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by 5pm on October 10, 2016.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004