Join the team
VPS 5.1 $95,275 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term for 12 Months
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 09 October, 2018
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking an Exhibition Design Project Manager to provide high level management and design skills to the delivery of a variety of creative projects including exhibitions, programs and events.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Working alongside the Manager, Exhibition Design and Senior Exhibition Designer you will manage studio resources effectively including overseeing workflow, project assignment and planning for the exhibition design team to ensure high level delivery of exhibitions, collection displays, design for programs, events and activations. Other key responsibilities include:
- Providing high level design advice and creative direction to the design team including defining role expectations, monitoring performance, providing timely and constructive feedback to ensure quality control and effective communication.
- Applying excellent design and delivery skills to prepare and oversee the production of project plans, schedules and budgets including preparing cost estimates, seeking quotations, preparing tender documents, procurement and contract administration across all exhibitions and projects.
- Administering and implementing effective workflow practice in assigning and briefing projects to the exhibition and exhibition graphic design team including engaging and supervising contractors and consultants as needed.
- Working closely with the Manager, Exhibition Design and the Senior Designer to contribute to the development and implementation of design policy and philosophy for future exhibitions and interpretive strategies and approaches to meet communication objectives.
To be successful you will have a degree in Architecture, Industrial or Interior Design or equivalent qualification coupled with established leadership experience in a design environment, preferably controlling design projects, and demonstrated industry experience. You can produce detailed project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified, you can monitor performance against objectives and manage project risks and issues, while ensuring project objectives are met. You maximise effectiveness by selecting, developing and managing a high performing team, ensuring staff are actively deployed through effective workforce planning practice. You build team commitment by demonstrating personal conviction and professionalism which motivates others to deliver against goals.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to email@example.com or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by 5pm on October 9, 2018.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004