Join the team
Retail Assistants (Casual Positions)
NGV Design Store at the Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia and NGV International
VPS 1.1 $26.54 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 17th May, 2016
The NGV is seeking passionate, highly motivated individuals to proactively promote and sell NGV products in the NGV design stores. Whilst an interest in art & design and the NGV is desirable, it is essential to have retail experience along with strong selling and mature communication skills. Specifically, we are looking for individuals who have availability throughout the week for at least three shifts.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a NGV Retail Assistant you will be responsible for providing high level customer service to all external and internal NGV design store patrons in all areas of the NGV retail operations. Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate the computerised point-of-sale system and the stock database system.
- Assist with reconciling daily takings and completing associated documents.
- As directed process mail orders and take special orders on product and books.
- Prepare stock for sale and assist with barcoding and unpacking.
- Assist with setting up shop displays, ensuring all stock on display is kept in good order and stock levels monitored.
- Maintain the store to a high level of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Communicate effectively with the shop supervisor and commercial operations team.
To be successful you will have demonstrated retail experience in a fast pace environment, involving approaching customers, making recommendations and possessing a proven sensibility to the requirements of diverse audiences. When communicating with customers and staff you will use a polite and considerate manner and display professionalism at all times.
You will cooperate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals, collaborating and sharing information. You will be enthusiastic and committed, proactive and self-starting, with a customer focused attitude. You will seek information to solve work problems, identifying and proposing practical solutions when endorsed by your supervisor. You are adaptable, open to new ideas and persevere to achieve goals. You always remain calm and in control under pressure.
- You will be required to wear a uniform during work hours as chosen by the business.
- An element of this role requires heavy lifting between 5kg and 20kgs.
- You will stand /walk for the majority of your shift.
- You may be required to work on weekends and late nights.
Short listed applicants must be available to:
- Participate in an assessment centre session on Wednesday 25th, Thursday 26th, or Friday 27th May 2016; and if shortlisted:
- Attend a panel interview scheduled between Wednesday 1st, Thursday 2nd, or Friday 3rd of June 2016.
- Available to start from Wednesday 8th June 2016.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by May 17, 2016.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004