- wool, silk, metal, plastic
- (a) 61.0 cm (centre back) 58.0 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 68.0 cm (centre back) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Paris, France
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented through The Art Foundation of Victoria from the wardrobe of Mrs Mavis Powell by her daughter Mrs Angela Wood, Member, 2000
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) The jacket is made from navy wool bouclé, and is trimmed around the neckline, centre front, bottom edge and cuffs with a blue and cream crochet trim. It fastens at the centre front with a series of metal hooks and loops. Four metallic gold and navy blue lion's head buttons decorate the centre front panels, with two more at the cuffs. The navy blue silk lining features vertical quilted channels and the inside hem is weighted with a metallic gold chain.
(b) The matching mid-length skirt fastens at the proper left with a metal zip and hook closure and is lined with navy blue silk.