- silk, cotton, glass, jet, metal
- (a) 58.0 cm (centre back) 59.0 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 72.0 cm (centre back) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Paris, France
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented through The Art Foundation of Victoria from the wardrobe of Mrs Mavis Powell by her daughter Mrs Angela Wood, Member, 2000
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) The jacket is black velvet which is heavily embroidered with vertical rows of black glass bugle beads. The edges and pocket trims are decorated with black glass and jet beads and silk cord braid. The neckline is cut to sit open and form a single-pointed lapel and fastens at the centre front with four black plastic faceted buttons. The lining is cream silk and the inside hem is weighted with metallic gold chain.
(b) The mid-length black velvet skirt is beaded along the waistline only, and is lined in black silk, fastening at the proper left with a metal zip and hook closure.