- silk, acetate, nylon, metal
- (a) 51.0 cm (centre back) 37.0 cm (waist, flat) (corset)
(b) 147.0 cm (centre back) 39.0 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- (a) label, inside centre back, woven in gold polyester on pale pink ground: Vivienne / Westwood / COUTURE / LONDON
(b) label, inside centre back, woven in gold polyester on pale pink ground: SPECIAL
label, inside centre back, woven in gold polyester on pale pink ground: Vivienne / Westwood / COUTURE / LONDON
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
© Public Domain
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of Professor AGL Shaw AO Bequest
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- The wedding dress comprises a corset bodice and matching skirt of matt gold silk satin.
(a) The sleeveless bodice features a stomacher panel forms a point at the centre front edge. Fastening at centre back with a concealed zipper end metal hook, the bodice is lined with a combination of gauze and silk satin panels.
(b) The full-length skirt is constructed with a straight front panel and complex series of four curved and asymmetrical panels forming the train and bustle at the back. The bustle is set high and forms a series of irregular pleats below the fixed waistband. Fastening at proper left back with a metal hook and button combination, the skirt is fully lined in pale pink acetate.