- wool, silk, metal, plastic
- (a) 61.4 cm (centre back) 51.8 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 48.9 cm (centre back) (blouse)
(c) 60.8 cm (centre back) 36.4 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Accession Number
- International Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented through the NGV Foundation from the wardrobe of Mrs Mavis Powell by her daughter Mrs Angela Wood, Fellow, 2005
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- The suit consists of a jacket, skirt and blouse. The jacket and skirt are made in a woven pale yellow and pale pink plaid tweed fabric. The jacket is hip length, with a thin collar around the neckline and fastens at the centre front with 6 gold metallic buttons. The matching wrap skirt falls below the knee and has a narrow waistband.
Sleeveless blouse of pale pink silk, made from fabric identical to the lining of the suit. The blouse has a round neckline and is fastened down the left proper side front with a series of matching buttons.