- cotton, silk, acetate, nylon (tulle), metal, leather, diamantés
- (a) 48.5 cm (centre back) 60.5 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 96.0 cm (centre back) 33.5 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 2006
© Katie Pye
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Outfit comprising short bolero jacket and sleeveless puffball dress in linocut hand print calico fabric. The jacket is dyed blue, purple and gold with long sleeves, a large collar with decorative contrast ruffle and features a reverse inset appliqué detail of violet leather surrounded by faux diamantes at rear. Fastens at centre front with a gold coloured metal button.
The short, sleeveless dress comprises a fitted bodice and full gathered skirt with ruffle at hem. The mauve coloured ground is overprinted with lino cut hand prints in gold, maroon, blue and purple. Scrunched strips of printed fabric adorn the front and back of the dress. The bodice has additional diamante decoration. There is a separate underskirt of violet cotton with an orange tulle ruffle. The dress fastens with a metal zip down proper left side.