- silk, silk (chiffon), cotton, cotton (organdie), metal, plastic, synthetic fibres, cellophane
- (a) 111.0 cm (centre back) 33.5cm (waist, flat) (dress)
(b) 235.0 × 79.0 cm (stole)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased NGV Foundation, 2008
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- (a) Ballerina length evening dress in pale green, horizontal striped, woven silk, chiffon and cream lace. The sweetheart style bodice is held by two fine shoestring straps decorated with silver and gold glass beading over each shoulder and features an overlay of metallic gold and cream, scalloped and floral lace. The lace forms a flounce overlay at the waist, resting over the full skirt at front and forming a large decorative scalloped peplum at rear. Further panels of appliqué lace descend down either side of the skirt at centre front.
The bodice is fully lined in matching pale green chiffon and fastens with a short metal zip at rear. The skirt is lined with cream organdie and features an attached underskirt with tiers of cotton stiffening.
(b) Matching pale green chiffon stole.