Join the team
FUNDRAISING ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
VPS 4.1: $81,354 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Full Time, Fixed Term for 2 Years
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 26 June 2018
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking a Fundraising Engagement Officer who will undertake an integral role in the stewardship of existing donors through the development and delivery of the Fundraising department’s engagement program.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
In consultation with the fundraising team you will conceptualise, develop and implement the NGV’s fundraising engagement program to achieve organisational strategic objectives. This includes the preparation of briefing documents, the coordination of invitations, guest lists; speech notes, RSVP updates, debriefing meetings, forecasting and monitoring expenses and setting objectives and reporting on event outcomes. Other key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and managing internal and external supplier relationships to facilitate the successful delivery of the NGV’s fundraising engagement program. This includes working closely with departments as well as local and international individuals, restaurants, galleries, organisations and museums.
- Preparing and presenting stewardship plans, reports, project briefs, submissions, and donor proposals and contributing to complex fundraising strategies and related activities.
- Managing the distribution of exhibition tickets, publications and other NGV merchandise to realise donor cultivation and stewardship objectives.
- Welcoming and hosting guests who attend events at the NGV and regularly monitoring and measuring the satisfaction levels of key stakeholders.
To be successful you will have a well developed understanding of the principles of stakeholder management and relationship building, within a high profile organisation and an understanding of philanthropic fundraising would also be beneficial. You can confidently convey ideas and information in a clear and interesting way, preparing and delivering logical, sequential and succinct presentations. You ensure written communications contain the necessary information to achieve their purpose by using appropriate style and formats. You identify processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal, identifying more and less critical activities and operating accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required. You can develop and implement systems and procedures to guide work and track progress, recognising barriers and finding effective ways to deal with them.
For more details refer to the role statement attached.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter, a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria as they relate to the job accountabilities and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward your application to Job Applications, Human Resources, National Gallery of Victoria, PO Box 7259, Melbourne VIC 3004 by 5pm on June 26, 2018.
The National Gallery of Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace. As such, the National Gallery of Victoria encourages applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- covering letter
- statement addressing the key selection criteria in the role statement
- your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
National Gallery of Victoria
PO Box 7259
Melbourne VIC 3004