Purchased from the artist by Galerie Durand-Ruel (dealer), Paris, 30 November 1899, stock no. 5544, photo no. 1472; exhibited Durand-Ruel, Tableaux par A. Renoir, Paris, June 1902, no. 17; exhibited at Grafton Gallery, London, 1905, no. 266 (owner Durand-Ruel); exhibited Durand-Ruel, Paris, Tableaux par Monet, C. Pissarro, Renoir et Sisley, 1910, no. 29; purchased by Paul Cassirer (1871–1926), Berlin, March 1912; collection of S. Cassirer, Switzerland; purchased by Galerie Nathan, Zurich (dealer) [entrusted to Kunstmuseum Basel during the Second World War]; sold to Swiss private collector 4 March, 1946; by whom sold to Galerie Nathan (owner Peter Nathan), Zurich (dealer) from which acquired by the NGV, 1977.