- cotton, silk, cardboard, paper, pen and ink
- 20.0 × 25.0 cm (board)
- inscribed in pen and ink u.l.cnr: An / Australian / Development of / Crochet Lace / which saves the Sight) / Designed worked / by / Mrs Edwin Field / Aug. 1922.
inscribed in pen and ink u.l.cnr: This mode saves / the eyes as the / needle is / never put into the stitches / but always into the / spaces if the work.These laces are / worked in No 300 / Lace Thread. (never and always underlined)
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 1922
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- Comprising five samples sewn to a taupe ground stretched over cardboard.