- cotton (screenprint), nylon
- (a) 65.0 cm (centre back) 57.0 cm (sleeve length) (shirt)
(b) 91.0 cm (centre back) 34.0 cm (waist, flat) (overskirt)
(c) 91.0 cm (centre back) 34.5 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- (a) label, centre back neckline, printed in red and black on white: Sara Thorn & / ABYSS! / BRUCE SLORACH
(b) label, centre back waist, woven in red and green on black: SARA THORN / ABYSS / BRUCE SLORACH
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Presented by the National Gallery Women's Association, 1995
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- Outfit comprising Indian border shirt and skirt.
(a) Long sleeved shirt with fitted body and flared sleeves, in fluoro orange synthetic/nylon fabric with hand screen printed Indian border print sections on cuffs, collar and front button panel. Fastened at the front with six plastic daisy motif buttons.
(b) Full overskirt in nylon, on a drawstring of purple ribbon. The overskirt consists of four panels in different colours of the Indian border print, incorporating suns, flowers, smiley faces and female figures with braid ribbon on seams.
(c) Long full cotton skirt in dusty red with orange ruffle section at hem.