- cotton, rayon, elastic
- (a) 38.0 cm (centre back) 56.0 cm (sleeve length) (bra top)
(b) 42.0 cm (outer leg) 31.0 cm (waist, flat) (shorts)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- (a) label, inside centre back, black and red on white cotton: SARA THORN / ABYSS / BRUCE SLORACH
(b) label, inside centre back, woven in red and black polyester on white polyester: SARA THORN / ABYSS / BRUCE SLORACH
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- Outift comprising bomb knit bra top and matching shorts.
(a) Long sleeve bra top, open back section with tie at centre back. Cut to midriff length with distinct bust cups. Made with jacquard knit fabric in red, blue and white 'bomb' knit design, combining 18th century men's heads with vines, missiles and African men's heads. (1989 version of a design created in 1985 incorporating new yarns and colours).
(b) Shorts with elastic waistband in a jacquard knit fabric in purple, yellow and white colourway of 'Bomb' knit design, combining African heads (new version of a design created in 1985).