- silk; hand-dyed and handprinted, elastane glass beads, plastic
- (a) 38.5 cm (centre back) 56.5 cm (sleeve length) (top)
(b) 71.5 cm (centre back) 82.5 cm (length) (skirt)
(c) 113.0 cm (centre back) 80.0 cm (inner leg) (pants)
(d) 111.0 × 185.0 cm (wrap)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- (a) The long sleeve crop top in black silk chiffon, has a round neckline and long sleeves. The front edge, back panel and sleeves feature a random design of cherry blossom, hand screenprinted in gold metallic pigment.
(b) The wrap skirt with waist ties has a top panel of plum coloured silk satin, hand screenprinted with an all-over cherry blossom design in black. The top layer has a separate border comprising two layers of silk chiffon, the top layer is a burgundy colour, masking the underneath layer of pale blue, that is handpainted with the cherry blossom design in a gold metallic pigment. The edges of the skirt are trimmed with a gold silk satin bias ribbon.
(c) The full-length pants with a draw-string waist, in plum chiffon are handprinted with an all-over phoenix design in a darker plum, and have a gold metallic abstract border design.
(d) The wrap in burgundy and blue shot silk chiffon has a handprinted border of cherry blossom in a silver metallic pigment. The chiffon is finished along the edge with a wide border of grey silk, decorated with rows of tiny grey pearlised sequins and dark grey metallic glass beads. The beaded section is lined with burgundy coloured silk chiffon and blue shot silk chiffon.