- screenprinted lambskin suede, astrakhan, viscose rayon, fur, estastic
- (a) 76.5 cm (centre back) 67.5 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 50.0 cm (centre back) 33.0 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
(c) 35.0 × 35.0 × 34.0 cm (hat)
- Place/s of Execution
- Melbourne, Victoria
- (a) label, machine sewn inside centre back, woven in pale grey cotton on black cotton: Jenny Bannister / SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
(b) label, machine sewn inside centre back, woven in pale grey cotton on black cotton: Jenny Bnnister / SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of the artist, 1998
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- The jacket in blue leather is screenprinted in blue and silver paint with an abstract linear design. The jacket is collarless with long sleeves and padded shoulders. the body is fitted, cut in long panels, which flare at the hem. It is fully lined in pale grey viscose rayon and fastens along the centre front with a zipper.
The matching A-line skirt is pieced with triangular inserts at the front and back, slit at centre back. The waistband has press stud back fasteners and a zip. It is fully lined in pale grey viscose rayon.
The first fleet hat made of black astrakhan with the fur on the inside. The hat is formed in the shape a paper bag, with an elasticised head-band and black fur tail attached at the centre back.