TERRA SPIRITUS ... with a darker shade of pale
- hand-ground ochre and blind letterpress on 52 sheets
- (a-zz) 26.5 × 76.0 cm (image and sheet) (each)
- Place/s of Execution
- Launceston, Tasmania
- ed. 3/5
- (a) inscribed in blind letterpress and ochre on title page: "TERRA SPIRITUS...with a darker shade of pale" / A circumlittoral drawing of the entire coastline of Tasmania, worked with / hand-ground local ochre over letterpress and finished with hand-drawn script. / The work consists of fifty two sheets of Magnani cotton paper 300 gsm / in a limited edition boxed set. / Produced in studios at Launceston and Oatlands, Tasmania 1993-1998. / Bea . Maddock 3/5 / I wish to acknowledge the assistance given by Keith Adkins and by the staff of the / Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, Launceston. / Dedicated to Joan and Peter Clemenger.
(b-zz) each sheet inscribed in pencil on reverse l.l.: Terra Spiritus sheet [1-51]. 3/5 Bea. M.
- Accession Number
- Australian Prints & Drawings
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne