- silk (organza), silk (satin), cotton, straw, silk, plastic, metal, rubber
- (a) 125.0 cm (centre back) 32.0 cm (waist, flat) (dress)
(b) 4.0 × 68.0 cm (belt)
(c) 147.0 cm (outer circumference) 10.0 cm (height) 46.8 cm (width) (hat)
(d) 24.0 × 24.5 × 1.0 cm (flowers)
- (c) label, stitched to inner hat band, printed in black on white polyester: * / Ann Austin / OF MELBOURNE
(d) label, inside centre crown, printed in black on white background: * / Ann Austin / OF MELBOURNE
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Gift of Elvala Ayton, 2004
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- (a) Cream silk organza princess line dress, V-neck with frill satin slip. Full sleeve gathered at wrist to cuff, two covered buttons and frill. Long zip proper left hand side. Frill at hem.
(b) Fabric covered belt 2 x hook and eye, 1 press stud. Worn at waist.
(c) Large wide brim straw hat, small crown with cream silk fabric band with trailing bow at rear. Plastic comb fastened on inner hat band.
(d) Posy of three silk fabric flowers in pink and apricot hues with yellow paper streams and green cotton leaves. The flowers are formed from three layers of fabric and attached to green entwined rubber stems.