- silk (taffeta), cotton, rayon
- (a) 86.0 cm (centre back) 69.5 cm (sleeve length) (jacket)
(b) 69.5 cm (centre back) 27.0 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
(c) 116.0 cm (outer leg) 31.0 cm (waist, flat) (pants)
(d) 19.0 × 34.0 × 1.0 cm (bag)
(e) 21.0 × 34.5 × 1.0 cm (bag)
- Place/s of Execution
- Sydney, New South Wales
- (b) label, inner front hemline, printed (vertically) in black on white acetate: SYDNEY
printed in black on white acetate: LINDA JACKSON / FLAMINGO PARK
(c) label, centre back, woven red on white cotton: LINDA JACKSON FLAMINGO PARK
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, Victorian Foundation for Living Australian Artists, 2010
© Linda Jackson/Licensed by Copyright Agency, Australia
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of Professor AGL Shaw AO Bequest
- Gallery location
- Gallery 8
Level 2, NGV Australia
- Physical description
- Outfit comprising jacket, skirt and pants made of blue Indian silk with white silk taffeta appliqué and with two matching bags.
(a) Swing-back 1950s-style jacket with shawl collar. Opera House motifs appliquéd in white taffeta.
(b) Dirndl skirt lined with white rayon. Opera House motifs appliquéd in white taffeta.
(c) Bias cut blue pants.
(d) White cotton bag with top stitching with zip
(e) White cotton bag with ‘Sydney’ in red cord appliqué. Reverse has two music notes appliquéd in black cotton.