- cotton (corduroy), rayon, silk
- a) 66.0 cm (centre back) 41.0 cm (sleeve length) (long sleeve corduroy top) b) 83.0 cm (centre back) 52.5 cm (sleeve length) (long sleeve top) c) 69.0 cm (centre back) 26.5 cm (waist, flat) (skirt)
- Place/s of Execution
- (a) label, centre back, printed (vertically) in black on white acetate: SYDNEY
printed in black on white acetate: LINDA JACKSON / FLAMINGO PARK
- Accession Number
- Australian Fashion and Textiles
- Credit Line
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Purchased, Victorian Foundation for Living Australian Artists, 2010
© Linda Jackson/Licensed by Copyright Agency, AustraliaÃ
This digital record has been made available on NGV Collection Online through the generous support of Professor AGL Shaw AO Bequest
- Gallery location
- Not on display
- Physical description
- Outfit comprising two ochre coloured corduroy tops and a dirndl skirt.
(a) Long sleeve corduroy top with funnel neck and side pockets decorated with multi-coloured applique and cut-work motifs spelling ‘Yowah opal’ .
(b) Ochre-coloured Indian silk long sleeve two-tone reversible top with mandarin collar.
(c) Corduroy knee-lenth dirndl skirt with multi-coloured text spelling ‘Love opal’. Lined with rayon.