Win a luxury
A Private Mineral Retreat for two at Lon Spa
Graze & Bathe Platter for two at Lon Spa
An Artisan Breakfast Hamper for two
A Homestyle Private Dining experience for two
Late check-out of 12 noon
Lunch for two at Movida Lorne
Loan of a Mercedes-Benz GLE to drive for the weekend
National Gallery of Victoria (ABN 778 849 864 72), 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004 (“Promoter”, “National Gallery of Victoria” or “NGV”). Promoter website: www.ngv.vic.gov.au
Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific PTY LTD (ABN 23 004 411 410) (Mercedes-Benz), 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, VIC 3170. Prize Supplier Website: www.mercedes-benz.com.au
Lon Retreat Pty Ltd (ABN 14 610 435 268) (Lon Retreat), 25 Gill Road, Point Lonsdale, VIC 3225. Prize Supplier Website: https://lonretreat.com.au/
MoVida Licensing Pty Ltd trading as MoVida Lorne (ABN 71 144 021 670) (MoVida Lorne), 176 Mountjoy Parade, Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, VIC 3232. Prize Supplier Website: https://www.movida.com.au/lorne
Visit Victoria Limited (ABN 37 611 725 270) (Visit Victoria), Level 13, 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000. Prize Supplier Website: https://www.visitvictoria.com/
Open to all Australian residents aged 18 or over, except the directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter and the Prize Suppliers.
10am (AEST) on 28/11/2019 to 5pm (AEST) 13/04/2020.
During the Competition Period, entrants must:
(a) visit the “Keith Haring | Jean-Michel Basquiat: Crossing Lines” exhibition (Exhibition); and
(b) complete an online entry form available on a tablet located at the exit to the Exhibition. For the entry to be valid, an entrant must provide their full name, address, email address, phone number and any additional information as required by the Promoter. The Promoter retains the right to determine valid entries at its absolute discretion.
10am AEST on 14/04/2020 at the National Gallery of Victoria, 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004.
The first valid entry randomly drawn from all valid entries received during the Competition Period will win the Prize.
There is one (1) Prize to be won.
The Prize consists of the following:
- Two (2) nights luxury accommodation in a Premium Suite for 2 adults;
- A Private Mineral Retreat for two (2) at Lon Spa (on the afternoon of check-in);
- Graze & Bathe Platter for two (2) at Lon Spa (on the afternoon of check-in);
- An Artisan Breakfast Hamper for two (2);
- A Homestyle Meal for two (2) (on the night of check-in); and
- Late check-out of 12 pm.
- Lunch for two (2), valued up to $300.00 at MoVida Lorne.
- Loan of a Mercedes-Benz GLE (or equivalent) vehicle to drive for two (2) days.
The Promoter and the prize providers accept no responsibility for any disputes arising between a winner and any person whom the winner chooses to or chooses not to be their companion for the relevant prizes.
See below sections for additional prize details in Mercedes-Benz Ts&Cs, MoVida Lorne Ts&Cs and Lon Retreat Ts&Cs.
The total prize pool is valued at $3,570.00 (incl. GST).
Entrants are limited to one entry per person.
The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within 5 business days of the draw and their name and state/territory of residence will be published on ngv.vic.gov.au from 15/04/2020 until 12/05/2020. If the Promoter, acting reasonably, is unable to contact, or has not been contacted by, the winner by 5pm (AEST) on 10/05/2020, the Unclaimed Prize Draw will proceed.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Details
An Unclaimed Prize Draw will be conducted at 10am (AEST) on 13/05/2020 date at the location as per the Draw Details, at the National Gallery of Victoria, 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication
Any winner in the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by phone and in writing within 5 days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw and their name and state/territory of residence will be published on ngv.vic.gov.au from 14/05/2020 until /06/2020.
National Gallery of Victoria:
Opt-in Data Sharing:
If the entrant ticks a box in the entry form to receive communications from any Prize Supplier, the entrant’s information will be shared by the Promoter with the Prize Supplier for this purpose (Opt-in Data).
- To book the loan vehicle, the winner must contact Mercedes-Benz at least two (2) weeks before the date on which the loan is to occur.
- All elements of the Prize provided by Mercedes-Benz are subject to availability and must be redeemed by 12/04/2021. Total Prize provided by Lon Retreat valued up to $600.00.
- The vehicle model will likely be a Mercedes-Benz GLE, however if not available a similar model will be provided at the sole discretion of Mercedes-Benz
- The winner must pick up and return the car to Mercedes-Benz at 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, VIC 3170 between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- The winner must sign a loan deed on the terms required by Mercedes-Benz, including terms regarding insurance and damage to the car, on collection of the car.
- The loan is for two (2) full days, however the winner can pick up the day prior and return the day following the loan period, at times agreed with Mercedes-Benz (i.e. to borrow the car for the weekend, the winner may pick up the car on Friday and return the car the following Monday at agreed times).
- Tolls are covered by Mercedes-Benz.
Lon Retreat Ts&Cs
- All elements of the Prize provided by Lon Retreat are subject to availability and must be redeemed by 12/04/2021. Total Prize provided by Lon Retreat valued up to $2,620.00.
- The prize winner and their companion are responsible for making their own way to and from Lon Retreat.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize winner and their companion must be aged 18 years or older. Companions under the age of 18 are not permitted to accompany or participate in this prize. Further, only one companion may accompany the winner, and no additional companions may accompany or participate in the prize.
- All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any additional transfer costs, additional meals, additional taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner their companion as incurred. The winner and their companion must depart and return at the same time.
MoVida Lorne Ts&Cs
- All elements of the Prize provided by MoVida Lorne are subject to availability and must be redeemed by 12/04/2021. Total Prize provided by MoVida Lorne is valued up to $300.00.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Entries must be received during the Competition Period. By entering the competition, entrants accept these conditions of entry.
2. Online entries: Each entrant may receive a return online notification confirming their successful entry into the competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving this electronic message. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses, phone numbers or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries may be disqualified. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Late, lost, incorrect or ineligible entries: The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, correspondence or claims for prizes due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise including where applicable failure of any participating venue, outlet or store to forward entry forms to the judging location.
4. Validity of entries: The Promoter may determine at any time whether or not to:
(a) disqualify or invalidate any entry.
The Promoter may make this determination at its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) if the Promoter is of the view that the entry breaches these conditions of entry.
5. Prizes: The prizes are as stated in the Prize Details, Mercedes-Benz Ts&Cs, MoVida Lorne Ts&Cs and Lon Retreat Ts&Cs sections of these conditions.
6. Winner notification: The winner/s will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification section of these conditions.
7. Publicity: Winner/s (and their companion/s, if applicable) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge. Winner/s (and the companion/s, if applicable) also consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
8. Winner identification: The Promoter (and any contractor, agent or third party associated with the competition) may require the winner/s to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency (including proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, if applicable). Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s (and/or the relevant contractor’s, agent’s or third party’s) discretion.
9. Validation of entries: If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry (including if a winner is unable to take the prize within the applicable prize dates), the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with Unclaimed Prize Draw Details.
10. Disqualification of winner/s: The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person (including without limitation any winner or any of their companion/s if applicable) who:
(a) tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition;
(b) acts in violation of these conditions of entry
(c) acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person;
(d) behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter, any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition; or
(e) behaves in a manner that is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
If a prize can be shared with companion/s, the relevant winner is fully responsible for the acts and omissions of their companion/s and the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, the winner and any or all of their companion/s if any of their companion/s breaches these conditions of entry, whether or not legally bound by them.
11. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this competition, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Prize redemption and transferability: Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and (except where cash is specified) cannot be redeemed for cash. If for any reason a winner (or their companion/s if applicable) does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be supplied instead. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize (or any element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize (or element of that prize) another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
13. Unclaimed prize procedure: The Promoter may deem a winner’s entry invalid if:
(a) a prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time; or
(b) after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter cannot contact a winner (or a winner does not contact the Promoter) by the Prize Claim Date and Time.
In these circumstances, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will distribute that prize to the entrant who submitted the next best valid entry that has not already received a prize.
14. Australian Consumer Law: Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize. Where any liability cannot be excluded by law, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Nothing in these conditions of entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
15. Limitation of liability: Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prize/s.
16. Facebook and other social media platforms: The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook and other social media platforms. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social media platform. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social media platform. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and any other social media platform from any and all liability.
17. Winner’s companions: Where applicable, as a condition of accepting or participating in any prize, the winner’s companion/s accepts these conditions of entry.
18. Promoter’s assignment of rights: If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
19. Promoter’s assignment of rights: If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
Approved by the Council of Trustees
15 December 2015
The Council of Trustees of the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is committed to managing the Personal Information it collects, stores, manages and disposes of in compliance with relevant
The NGV will:
– establish practices that NGV employees must follow when collecting, storing, managing and disposing Personal Information;
– promote awareness of responsible Personal Information handling practices; and
– ensure a free-flow of information for the public good and the protection of the privacy of Personal Information.
This Policy applies to all Personal Information, including Sensitive Information and Health Information, generated or held by the NGV which directly or indirectly identifies an individual.
All NGV employees, volunteers, work experience students and interns must comply with this Policy in relation to the use of all Personal Information and Health Information including collection, storage, management and disposal.
This Policy is informed by the legislative requirements of the:
• Public Records Act 1973 (Vic)
• Health Records Act 2001 (Vic)
• Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
• Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
Where a requirement of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 with respect to the handling of Personal Information is inconsistent with a provision in another Act, that other provision prevails.
- The NGV will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for the achievement of its organisational and strategic objectives and for the purpose of exercising its functions and lawful
- The NGV will appoint an NGV Privacy Officer. The NGV Privacy Officer is responsible for coordinating responses to any privacy issues raised by members of the public or employees and advising employees about their privacy responsibilities.
- The NGV will take reasonable steps to ensure that individuals are aware that Personal Information may be collected, the reasons for the collection, and provide information on how people can contact the NGV Privacy Officer.
- The NGV may collect Personal Information related to the following functions and services:
- the employment and engagement of staff, volunteers and contractors;
- dealings with visitors or potential visitors, including ticket sales, comments, participation in market research, evaluation, competitions and promotions, education, public programs;
- fundraising and membership;
- NGV governance;
- stakeholder management;
- Collections, research and exhibitions;
- commercial management;
- general operations
Personal Information relating to some of these functions and services may be collected in electronic form, for example through the NGV’s website when creating an online account with the NGV for purchasing tickets, memberships or subscribing to e-News.
- The NGV will collect Personal Information in a lawful and fair manner. Where practical and reasonable to do so, the NGV will obtain personal information direct from the individual to whom it pertains, although at times we may collect information about a person from someone else, for example where a membership is being purchased as a gift.
- The NGV will not use Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected unless prior consent has been obtained. Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties without consent from the individual to whom it pertains. In certain circumstances, the NGV may need to disclose Personal Information. This will only occur as provided for by the Privacy and
Data Protect Act 2014, for example if the NGV is required to disclose Personal Information by law.
- The NGV will take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information is accurate and complete
- Individuals have a right to seek access to their Personal Information or make corrections. Contact should be made to the NGV FOI Officer ([email protected]).
- The NGV will not assign individuals with another organisation’s Unique Identifier unless it is necessary to carry out an organisational requirement or is required by law.
- Where lawful and appropriate, the NGV will provide individuals with the option of remaining anonymous when entering into transactions with the NGV.
- The NGV will provide secure information storage systems and procedures for the management of both physical and electronic information to minimise the risk of misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, in accordance with data security standards issued from time to time by the Victorian Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection.
- Records containing Personal Information will be disposed of in accordance with approved disposal schedules under the Public Records Act 1973.
- Unless compelled otherwise by law the NGV will not transfer Personal Information outside Victoria unless it reasonably believes the recipient is subject to a law or binding obligation which imposes restrictions on the use of that information that are substantially similar to the Information Privacy Principles.
- The NGV will endeavour to ensure that Contracted Service Providers or Third Parties with whom it engages are bound to comply with the requirements of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- Any Health Information held by the NGV will be treated in accordance with the Health Records Act 2001.
- If an individual has a complaint about the conduct of the NGV in relation to the collection, storage, use or disclosure of Personal Information or Health Information, they may send details of the complaint in writing to the NGV Privacy Officer ([email protected]). The NGV Privacy Officer will investigate alleged breaches of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
Information Privacy Principles
Information Privacy Principles means any of the Information Privacy Principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
Under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 “Personal Information” means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), that is recorded in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Examples of information that may be personally identifying either alone or in combination are:
- Driver’s licence number
- Date of birth
- Interview notes
- Employee security pass number
- Email address
- Employee logon ID
- Telephone or fax numbers
- Banking details, such as branch location, account number and funds available
- A performance appraisal report on a staff member
Under the Health Records Act 2001 “Health Information” includes information or an opinion about (i) the physical, mental, or psychological health (at any time) of an individual; or (ii) a disability (at any time) of an individual” where the Health Information is also personal information.
Examples of information that may be personally identifying either alone or in combination are:
- Health diagnosis
- Information on special needs to access collections
- A performance appraisal report on a staff member
Contracted Service Provider
Under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 a Contracted Service Provider means a person or body who provides services under a State contract.
Under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 a Third Party means a person or body other than the organization holding the information and the individual to whom the information relates.
Under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 a “Unique Identifier” means an identifier (usually a number) assigned to an individual uniquely to identify that individual for the purposes of the operations of the organisation but does not include an identifier that consists only of the individual’s name.
Breach of Policy
In the case where this or related policies are breached resolution may be according to the NGV Performance and Discipline Policy.
• NGV IT Acceptable Use Policy
• NGV Performance and Discipline Policy
• NGV Protected Disclosure Procedures
• NGV Records Management Policy
• NGV Electronic Information Security Policy
• NGV Enterprise Agreement
• Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees
• NGV Digital Privacy Statement
Further information about the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) is available on the website of The Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection at www.dataprotection.vic.gov.au.
Approved by the Council of Trustees
15 December 2015
NGV Privacy Statement
The National Gallery of Victoria is committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors, and those who use our digital media (such as our website, apps, social media or interactives), or interact with us in other ways. We understand that people are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that is provided.
The NGV Privacy Statement aims to provide you with information on:
- What information we collect and how
- Why and how we use that information
- Accessing your information
What information we collect
The information we collect from you depends on how and why you have interacted with us. The NGV may request, collect and record the following kinds of information in either electronic or hard copy format:
1. Contact and registration information
The types of contact and registration information you may be asked for, include:
- Email address
- Home or postal address
- Phone number
- NGV Membership number (if you are a Member)
- Official identification (such as a driver’s licence)
- Subscription preferences or interests
2. Other personal information
In addition to the contact and registration information listed above, when you interact with us, you might provide information such as:
- Your opinion
- Information specific to your interaction or experiences with the NGV (for example, if you are making a complaint)
- Recordings of yourself and others (such as photos, videos, and drawings)
- Banking information (if you are making a purchase or donation)
- Transaction history
- Social media information (such as your social media username and profile, or a post where you’ve used an NGV-related handle, tag or comment)
- Other personal information (for example, your work experience if you apply for a job with us)
3. Cookies and other tracking data
Cookies are small data files sent from a website and stored on your computer or device. They allow the website to remember your details within a session, and to facilitate transaction functions. Cookies are also used by the NGV for site improvement and analysis purposes, as they provide information about user behaviour on our website. This information is also used to analyse how well our information is reaching our users, and to improve the relevance of promotional information.
Google Analytics is a service which transmits digital traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users. The NGV uses reports provided by Google Analytics to help understand digital traffic and usage.
Some of our apps, such as the NGV App, may also use Bluetooth and Location Services on your phone in order to provide you with location-specific services or information, and to provide the NGV with feedback on the use of the app, to help us improve our services. You can control the app’s access to your phone’s Bluetooth and Location Services in your phone’s settings.
How we collect this information
We may request, collect and record the types of information listed above when:
- You have an enquiry or complaint
The most common way for people to contact us with an enquiry or complaint is by emailing us; filling in an online or hardcopy form; sending us a hardcopy letter; by telephone, or speaking to one of our staff; or on occasion, via one of our social media platforms.
- You are registering, or making a booking, with us to receive a product or service
This can include, but is not limited to, purchasing an NGV Membership (for yourself or as a gift for someone else); subscribing to our eNews service; creating an online account with us to purchase exhibition tickets from our website; making a group or school booking.
- You are entering an NGV competition
From time to time, the NGV holds competitions. Entry into each competition may vary, and may include, but is not limited to, completing an online competition form; using a designated hashtag on a selected social media platform; or becoming an NGV Member during the promotional period.
- You are using an NGV app or digital interactive
The NGV often provides digital interactives or apps as part of an exhibition or general Gallery experience, for visitors to use. Our interactives and apps will often provide you with the opportunity to share something with another person. For example, where the interactive or app allows you to create something (like a photo, drawing or short video), we will often provide you with the opportunity to send a copy of your creation to yourself or another contact, via email. Depending on the interactive or app, your creation might also be included as part of a display (for example, on a screen in the exhibition space). Some apps, such as the NGV App, may require access to Bluetooth and Location Services on your phone, in order to provide location specific services or information, and provide usage feedback to the NGV.
- You are making a social media post
The NGV uses various forms of social media to engage with the public, and for promotional purposes. You may choose to connect with the NGV via social media by posting directly on one of our social media profiles (for example, commenting on an NGV Instagram post), or through the use of tags, handles or comments on your own account. The NGV may re-post something via its own social media profile. Please note that any posts you make directly on NGV social media channels, including our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts, may be publicly available. We recommend that you become familiar with the privacy settings and terms of your social media account/s.
- You are using the NGV website
- You are making a purchase or donation
This can include, but is not limited to, purchasing a product from our NGV Design Store (usually for online purchases where postage is involved, but there may be other instances where you might need to provide personal information); purchasing a ticket to an exhibition or program online or via telephone; hiring an audio guide for one of our exhibitions; purchasing an NGV Membership; or making an online donation to support us.
- You are applying for a job, internship, work placement or volunteer opportunity
This includes ‘cold calling’, if you submit a resume/CV or portfolio unsolicited. The NGV may also contact a third party for information about you (for example, your nominated referee).
- You are attending a display, exhibition, program or event at the NGV
The NGV may take photographs, film or audio recordings of its displays, exhibitions, programs or events, for reporting, archival and promotional purposes. The NGV also uses closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to monitor the safety and security of visitors and works on display.
- You are completing a visitor survey
The NGV regularly conducts visitor surveys to monitor, analyse and improve our visitor services and experiences. Participation in these surveys is purely voluntary, and visitors can complete the survey anonymously. The NGV only receives aggregated responses to visitor surveys.
Why and how we use this information
We will only collect information from you for purposes related to our core functions, and to help us provide you with a better service. This includes:
- Enabling you to engage with the NGV and our Collection, displays, exhibitions, programs, events, resources and services
- Providing you with the information, product or service you have requested
- Promoting the NGV Collection, displays, exhibitions, programs, events,
resources and services
- Giving you a more personalised experience
- Understanding your experience and/or expectations as a visitor, so that we can
improve our services and the experiences we provide.
The NGV will only use, and if necessary, disclose, your personal information for the main purpose for which it was collected, and any appropriate secondary purposes (as outlined in the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014), such as where you have consented to the secondary use or disclosure, or where the NGV considers you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information.
Relevant NGV staff and contractors may access the information we collect, but only to the extent necessary to provide services to you on behalf of the NGV.
Depending on how you contact us, you may be able to choose how much information you provide (for example, only an email address). However, the level of information that you provide to us may affect our ability to provide you with the information, product or service that you have requested.
To enable us to provide and manage the information, product or service you have requested, the NGV may need to make your information available to a third party. Where possible, the NGV will endeavour to ensure that these third parties follow similar standards and obligations to those required of the NGV under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, and that they only use your information for the specific purpose and service they are providing to you or the NGV.
The NGV commonly engages third parties to facilitate or provide the following services:
- Mass email communications (such as eNews)
- Online purchases and bookings (including exhibition tickets, online donations and purchases from our NGV Design Store)
- Visitor research
- Food, beverage and commercial hire services
- Security services
- Financial transactions (including online transactions)
- Customer Relations Management
- Analysis of website and other digital traffic and use
- Development of interactives and apps
- Administration of competitions
The NGV may also partner with other organisations to deliver exhibitions, programs or events (for example, a series of talks or musical performances).
At times, the NGV may need to disclose personal information to other State and Federal Government agencies and departments, such as Creative Victoria (for example, to help resolve a complaint). On occasion, the NGV may also be legally required to disclose personal information, for instance to the police, courts or other authorised organisations.
The NGV aims to safeguard your information to the best of its abilities, through a combination of technical, administrative and physical measures. This includes the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect information transmitted across the internet. We also comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
However, if you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your online account has been compromised) please contact the NGV Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Please note some third party platforms that you might use to engage with us (for example, Facebook or PayPal) are not under our control. If you have concerns about using these platforms, we encourage you to carefully consider their terms and conditions and other relevant policies.
Accessing your information
To access, update or correct your personal information, please contact the NGV Privacy Officer at [email protected]
If you have created an online account with the NGV, you can access and update your information by logging in (https://connect.ngv.vic.gov.au/account/login.aspx) to the NGV website and selecting ‘My Account’. You can also update your eNews subscription interests/preferences, and view your Order History and Membership History, through your online account.
For more information about Privacy at the NGV, please contact the NGV Privacy Officer at [email protected]