How can art improve your creative writing? Join author Lili Wilkinson to imagine settings, characters and plots inspired by the NGV Collection. Plan, draft and present a piece of creative writing in this fast paced, fun workshop. Come ready to write with a laptop or pen and paper and leave with a masterpiece in progress.
- Respond creatively to artworks in the NGV collection by developing imaginative and innovative texts
- Experiment with genres, text structures and language features of different literary text types
- Plan, draft and publish a piece of creative writing
- Use deliberate language which is appropriate for its purpose and audience
- Review and edit writing to clarify and refine organisation of ideas, structure and vocabulary
- Develop confidence in sharing and presenting published work
About the Author
Lili Wilkinson is the author of sixteen books, including Green Valentine, The Boundless Sublime and After the Lights Go Out. She established insideadog.com.au and the Inky Awards at the Centre for Youth Literature, State Library of Victoria. Lili has a PhD in Creative Writing from the University of Melbourne, and now spends most of her time reading and writing books for young people. Her latest books are The Erasure Initiative and How To Make A Pet Monster: Hodgepodge.
The Creative Writing Challenge is part of Creative Catalyst, a program for high ability students attending Victorian Government schools.