Keep your teaching current and connected. The Industry Connections for teachers series provides a forum to meet artists, designers and other arts industry professionals and leaders. Learn about their practice and careers and gain insight into the diverse roles and opportunities in creative industries through informal discussion and illustrated presentations.
Speaker: Simone LeAmon
Establishing a career as one of Australia’s foremost design professionals, Simone LeAmon works to elevate the value of design for the enrichment of people, society, culture and the environment. She has worked internationally for more than two decades as an artist, industrial designer, curator, industry consultant and university lecturer.
Amplifying the role of designers in the public domain, Simone was appointed the inaugural Hugh Williamson Curator of Contemporary Design and Architecture at the National Gallery of Victoria in 2015. The NGV’s department of Contemporary Design and Architecture is the first of its kind for an art gallery in Australia. Simone is an adjunct professor in the School of Design at RMIT University.
- Identify critical and creative thinking in individual art and design practices
- Generate examples of various components of the art process (exploration, experimentation, development, refinement and resolution)
- Connect with an artist, designer, other arts industry professional or leader and discuss their practice and career
- Recognise the diverse roles and opportunities in the creative industries
- Build professional capacity to provide ideas, inspiration, practical ideas and contemporary professional practice within learning communities
Duration: 60 mins