This Professional Learning Day focuses on visual approaches to Literary perspectives. Developed for teachers of VCE Literature by NGV Learn in conjunction with VATE, it features educator led gallery sessions and a workshop with researcher and academic Christine Lambrianidis.
Analysing literary criticism, or reading a text through a different lens, can be a daunting place to start unpacking Literary perspectives. Visual approaches offer an accessible method for engaging VCE Literature students. Learn about the critical history of intertextuality and explore practical strategies for using dialogism in the classroom. Discover innovative ways to support Year 12 students to develop the skills they need for sharing, critiquing and improving upon Literary perspectives.
- Discuss visual approaches to teaching Literary perspectives in the classroom.
- Develop strategies for analysing, interpreting and discussing NGV artworks from different cultural, historical and contemporary contexts through different lenses.
- Compare and contrast the different approaches and techniques artists and writers use to create meaning.
- Develop practical strategies for engaging students in the concept of dialogism.
- Connect with local researcher and writer Christine Lambrianidis and learn about her industry and academic knowledge for teaching Literature.
Workshop Speaker: Christine Lambrianidis
As a researcher and writer with over ten years of experience teaching and assessing senior English and Literature, Christine Lambrianidis offers academic as well as practical insights into teaching Literature. Lambrianidis has submitted her PhD in Theatre and Performance at Monash University, analysing the role intertextuality plays in hybrid feminist playwriting. She was also recently awarded a commission with major cultural magazine, Australian Book Review (ABR). Unpack Lambriandis’ research and industry wisdom and enhance your teaching of Literature at her Literary Perspectives workshop.
$237 Concession VATE Member*
$263 Individual VATE Member
$292 Organisational VATE Member
* The Concession rate is available to VATE Individual Concession members (VATE Alumni, part-time or CRT).